Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by HawkI
It's been stated over and over, but Ball Powder wise its TAC, 2520, 748 and similar.

Extruded its spot on RL-15 and the 4064's rates, and those powders will get the closest to Varget.

I really like AR Comp, but it more akin to the 3031's like 8208 and pretty much exchanges with velocities, pressures and powder charges with Benchmark in about everywhere you can find data with both listed for the cartridges.

I find a preference for Benchmark, H322, 3031, AR Comp IMr 4895and 4064 for heavier bullets, along with not often used in 223, but H 380...
BLC2, won't touch H335, W 748, RL 15 and RL 7... 4320 was the closest alternative for varget, But Hodgdon in their stupidity, I mean wisdom decided to eliminate it from the product list...

4320 is/was one of my favorites, it just plain works. I now use Shooters World match and it works great at a great price. But 4320 is up there with me.
Why the hell they would discontinue it is why i hate big companies. Ya we know it didn't sell, but for those of us that liked it FU big H.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....