Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Looks great! Rather kick around there than inside anyday!

Youse guys have obviously never lived through an Idaho Desert summer. We had 12 days in June over 95 degrees. It has been recorded at Boise 98 to 107 every day since June 26 with no end expected until near September. We are usually significantly warmer on this end of the valley. For example, Monday is recorded at 103, but I saw thermometers at 111 over here.

But, HEY, it's a dry heat! Right?

As mentioned previously, I HAVE to spend forty hours/week out in that. I find no joy going back into it after I get home.

I used to have to feed and milk cattle, and irrigate, and stack hay all day in heat like this. But that shcitt is well reserved for the young. Now I am older and near retirement. I will take the AC. I have earned it. And I can afford it.

Now excuse whatsoever.

I lived/worked where an average day's high temp in July was 108F. Yes, just an average day. It was regularly over 115F, and one stretch was 5 days in a row, not just 5 days in July, over 120F with the hottest hovering between 126F-128F on the ranger station thermometer 1/2 mile down the road. Mine read about 122-124F.

I had a nicer grill then than I have now, charcoal of course. And it was well used in the summertime.

By the time it was starting to get dusk in the canyon, a couple hours early than up the hill, it was cool enough to cook. As in 110F or so. Besides cooking, one could get in some yard work as the sun was setting too. I once mowed the lawn and thought it was quite pleasant out, so I looked at the thermometer................104F.

Oh, we worked at least 8 hrs a day in that heat too. Of course, we started at 0600 so we could go home around 1430-1500 and get out of the heat, until it was time to ..............................grill some food.

Outdoor heat is no excuse.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?