Why not do both? If you want to die young then drink a lot, eat lots of crap food, smoke if you really want a drawn out and painful death, or do the things you enjoy while taking reasonable care of yourself. Doesn't mean an accident or some nasty disease can't take you at any time but without your health not much of anything is fun.

Generally, I've found that the folks who brag about living fast and hard look like a used up 80 year old before they're out of the 50's and have to say things like "live fast and die young" to somehow justify to themselves their really poor choices in life.

There was a guy in my gym who was my role model. He was the epitome of a little old man, about 5' 6" maybe, had to be in his mid-eighties, but there he was in the weight room on a regular basis. He was only lifting the 5 and 10 pound weights but he was doing what he could and for an old guy he was trim and had good muscle tone.

There's nothing we can do about getting old and gray, getting fat and weak and abusing our bodies is totally under our control.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!