Got a Remington 510P single shot which I love, it's great fun and a real challenge to hit a 2" disc at 75 yards from field positions with the peep sight and factory front blade. But as much as I like it, it is a garden variety mid-20th century budget rifle with a set and forget sight.

Thinking of stepping things up just a notch and getting a real target rifle. Prime requirement is that it be stocked for and preferably come equipped with a quality adjustable peep and globe front. The first one that comes to mind is a Remington 513T. Basically it's the same action as the 510 with much better sights, a heavy barrel and full on target stock, but looking at them it seems like the trigger would be the same. The other one that I know of off the top of my head is the Winchester 75, basically the same setup on a Model 69 action (as I understand it).

I know, just get a Model 52 and be done with it, but those are getting a bit spendy for me, the 513T and 75 can still be found in the $500-700 range in good to great shape, plus this is just a range toy, I'm not out to start a career as an Olympic shooter. The Mossberg 44 is a sleeper value but I know little about them.

So, fire away. Any suggestions of others to consider are welcomed, foreign or domestic, 1940's to 60's era or totally modern. Particularly would like your reasons if you would, such as adjustable triggers or quality of the factory trigger, stuff like that. Not to be a jerk but "I hadda Springschutz Wehrmacht Trainer and it was great!" doesn't tell me much. Why it was great would be of benefit.

TIA

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!