Jim, look into the savage mark 2 target rifle. I was at a shop last month and saw a new one for $400.00. For the money, its not going to get beat. I have a single shot mk1 FVT, and it shoots as well as my 52B. Ive recently been competing in some know your limits shoots with that rifle with a scope, and cleaning up. That rifle cost me $199 new, but I added a $160 boyds to make it more functional (adult sized LOP) for myself. After that, theres the kimber 82g that used to be found for an excellent value. Trust me when I say they shoot damn well. Also, keep an eye on old 52's, 69's and 75's. Youll get lucky and find a great deal on one occasionally. I damn near bought a 69 target model last year that looked like new for $400. As for the 513T, its a good rifle, but not even in the same realm as a good 52, such as the one I use. I have a buddy that bought a like new 513T a few years ago for $400. It shoots 3/4" to 1" 5 shot groups at 50 yards, with irons. My 52B shoots a ragged hole for 10 shots with match grade ammo and 3/4" 10 shot groups with bulk federal and american eagle cheap ammo. My friend gets pizzed that his 513T doesn't shoot as well, but such is life.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA