Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by antlers
Some ‘Christians’ are so much more concerned with homosexuals than even other homosexuals are...! Times change, and people change...like it or not. Studies show that Americans nowadays, and particularly American Christians nowadays, are more accepting of homosexuality than in the past. There is a difference between accepting and encouraging. A majority of U.S. Christians now say that homosexuality should be accepted by society.

Serving people one doesn't see eye to eye with has been a hallmark of Christianity since the beginning of Christianity. Jesus died for a world that He didn't see eye to eye with. Christian prison ministries serve murderers who are unrepentant. But some ‘Christians’ wouldn’t even think of doing the same for homosexuals. There’s a ton of double standards.

Do Christian businesses (bakers, for example) interrogate potential wedding clients to make sure that all of their behavior is compatible with the Bible...? Nope; they’d be out of business if they did. Jesus taught that if a person is divorced and gets remarried, it's adultery. If ‘Christians’ don't have a problem doing business with divorced people getting remarried, then why do they refuse to do business with homosexuals...?

If ones personal faith and belief in The Messiah is threatened by what others say or believe...in this instance by the gay community, and by those who don’t see eye to eye with some evangelical Christians on this matter...then maybe the problem isn't with what others say or believe.

One of a small handful of dudes who post about Christianity that earns respect through his words, actions, and willingness to say what needs to be said.

Agree, or disagree....Antlers is as solid as they come.

🦫

Do you read the Bible?

"For am I now seeking the favor of people, or of God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ." Gal 1:10

I’ve always favored the Old Testament, vengeful God myself.