Originally Posted by iskra
OK, OK! My name is John and standing, admitting here in the Hunting Forum... Not a hunter! smile That said, in 308 my battery including a couple of Win pre 64 Model 70, standard and featherweight, plus Mod 88 Carbine. A Rem 760 and... A K98K pattern 7.62 NATO mauser, which I particularly like and propose to share here! To say "it shoots to my capability", truthful if something of great humor nowadas! That itty-bitty aft barrel sight... actually does 'seem' pretty accurate. Rifle condition is also pretty nice & I really 'enjoy for what it is'! Pix below.

Best
John

There is an Israeli Mauser kicking around here too. At least that fine little front sight gives you some pretty precise aim, although I can't shoot it to the same potential as I do the Criterion barreled M1 Garand sitting next to it. That thing belts! When I say potential I mean averaging slightly over MOA with 39.5 gr. 3031 under a 130gr TTSX in a Lake City case.

Those Mausers sure do handle and point well though. Carry a lot nicer. Jealous on the Win pre 64s. I did not know they were offered in standard configuration. That's not a rebarrel? If its factory, would love to find one of those!

When it comes to ballistics, 7mm-08 may be a better mousetrap but I'll never hunt or shoot far enough to see it.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers