Killed a lot of deer with the 308, actually considered it overkill at times within the ranges i shoot deer here in the east. It’s not actually but it sure can put them down with authority. I currently don’t own one, a lot of guns come and go at my house so I’m sure there will be one in the future. My current kill everything east of the Mississippi rifle is a Remington 700 308 that JES made into a 358win( and here I said the 308 may be overkill at times). I don’t know why but I love that little thumper round. When I get west of the Mississippi I use a 30-06 for bigger animals, just a preference and since I handload I can really turn it into a Swiss Army knife of a round. Recoil to me is about the same and I can squeeze more power out of it. That gun is a lightweight husky I bought in the classifieds that I put into a custom stock I also found on the classifieds.

I’m finding as I get older I love the experience of the hunt more than the kill. The firearm is a part of that, I like a gun I’ve put some work into and has a story. Just like I like the experience of the actual hunt (miles hiked, stalks on animal, scenery and especially who I share the hunt with) more than pulling the trigger.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi