It is slow around here. Why not the venerable .308 Winchester?

A couple years ago I decided I wanted a Sako again. I have wanted one on and off since high school. I found a deal on one of the new Sako 85 Classics in 308 nib. I would have preferred the rifle in 7mm-08 but alas the 308 was the chosen one. I also have a fantastic Kimber 84 in 308 but I only carry that rifle when I a slipping around the deer woods. It carries wonderfully and shoots equally well. Additionally, I shoot a custom 308 on in F class so I know the cartridge and its capabilities pretty well. I just never really had any interest in it as a hunting round for some dumbass reason. It is kind of boring to me and my preferred hunting cartridge has long been a 280 Remington which is admittedly more finicky.

Anyway, I have spent a couple years with the Sako in 308 now. I have loaded everything from 180 grain partitions down to 125 grain ballistic tips and the rifle has shot everything very well. I settled on 150 and 165 grain Hornady SPs for the rifle and it has been flawless taking several pigs, a couple does. a coyote, and 1 nice 8 point. In the field the damn cartridge just works. Well. On paper it is about as efficient as they come and it will stretch on out there.

It has me rethinking the whole damn thing.