Originally Posted by Dumdum
Thank you Smokepole, WMR, wytex ! All good advice. Pre-made frozen individual portions of chili, beef stew, spagetti with meatballs and sauce, can do for quick meals, and steaks for a special meal sound good! Hard bread would go well with them ... (note: bring butter). Now you made me think ... could take pre-pressed frozen 90% hamburger patties that could cook up quick. And condiments.

When you take a lunch, do you need to seal it up good to stop odors? Also what about open coffee in the field?

On the list I would take bottled water, just to avoid the chances of Montezuma's revenge ruining the experience.

I'm thinking should also take a few garbage bags and take the trash away when leaving. Oh yeah, maybe a small alarm clock to get up early ... no cell phone coverage there, what if Wi-Fi craps out, does cell phone clock/alarm still keep time?

By all means take all the trash out with you. Your phone clock and camera will work fine with no cell coverage. Link it to a Garmin Inreach and you can text from anywhere on earth. Opinions vary, but I filter or boil any questionable water, or drink bottled water. Any elk that smells your lunch would have already smelled you, so don't worry about that. I always take a small clock and set two alarms if I'm getting up for something as important as a hunt. Usually I wake up before either one goes off.