How many on here ever shot a legit 100yd match, I'm not talking shooting a chunk of steel the size of your garage door either?Starting last year my kiddo (now 21) started shooting 600yd matches with me. I built her a AR15 in a 224 Valkyrie, using a 20 inch AR performance barrel, I cant remember the upper Anderson I think with an Anderson lower. Float tubes I have no idea who made them something the LGS had for 90 bucks and an A2 stock I picked up at a gunshow for $10 bucks. Akwolverine here on 24 hour squared me up with the most important part the mil/mil 6X SWFA scope.

My daughter used this setup last year for the 600yard shoots and was able to attain master designation through the NRA in the AR tactical class. This year the club bought 7 shot marker and put on a 1000yard match up in talkeetna, My daughter signed up and was excited to shoot this match. I couldn't go even though I'm retired I still have to slum it in another job to be able to survive in Alaska. Anyhow back to the story. I initially built her a 6ARC to use for this match but man I'm having issues with that thing being consistent, one day it will shoot great group the next day not so great groups. So that project has been shelved until I buy a better barrel.

Few days before the shoot I took my daughter up to Talkeetna to the 1000yd range and had her shoot so we could get DOPE for her scope, Caveat to all this I did not read the NRA rule book very well and I was under the impression everyone including F class shooter used standard 1000 Long range target. We got good data for her rifle and she was pretty confident shooting out to a 1000yds. What was funny some guys their trying like hell to hit the steel target at 1000 and they hit once out several shots.

That night I pulled over 100 bullets from factory federal brass and dumped the powder so she have all new cases. I/we been using cases for the 600 yard shoots and its all on its last leg necks splitting etc these cases have 5-6-7 firings. This match all new cases for her, the load we use is known as the red rocket load. 24.5gr of H4895, with a 80gr ELD-M. I'm getting avg 2855 fps from this load all at mag length as well. Anyhow Brian Litz tested this bullet and found the avg B.C is actually .505 not the .487 that Hornady advertises. So her come up at 1000yds with this load is 9.4-9.5 mils 2 mph winds right or left .7mil adjustment.

This match was from this past Sunday, so that morning I get home and help her get all her stuff loaded up, momma is driving up later to cheer her on. I work nights so I get updates from her through out the day and she told me she is shooting on a f class target huh?? So I pull the NRA rule book up and sure enough they have a F class LR target lol. Yeah I'm not very bright sometimes. So the target the X ring is 5 inches, 10 ring 10 inches, 9 ring 20 inches, 8 ring 30 inches etc. She's doing this with an AR15 and a 6X swfa scope, if any of you ever seen an f class rifle we are talking 3-4k worth of equipment. At the end of the day my kiddo shot a 511 score out possible 600. Avg 8.6 so keeping them all in the 30 inch ring. Here are some pictures my wife took.

Targets are down their
[Linked Image]

Oh there they are
[Linked Image]

AR15
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 07/23/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.