Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Congrats to your girl, and good on you for working with her!

I spent years shooting NRA highpower. Much more across the course than long range but I did mange to make HM LR. Most matches then were shot with open sights with a few any sight thrown in. And all with a sling.

I had to quit about the time F class was getting started. Rotten spine.

It looks like participation in traditional NMC matches is falling and F class growing?

Build her a good gun, the ladies I competed with were all very good shooters. Most of them started out without any bad habits unlike some of the young boys who just knew it all.

Thanks that’s the plan as of now build her a good f class rifle. You are correct f class is really growing and traditional nmc are dying a slow death. I tell you slung up for 20rds slow fire in the prone my back is screaming, with about 5 rds to go I just don’t care and want to get it over with lol.

Yep, a hot heavy coat in NC summertime will end it for some before they get started.

Help her get all the range time possible with what you have for now. Good wind skill with a good rifle will beat poor wind skill with the most accurate rifle in the world.

Again, good on you for helping her get going.