Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by greydog
So we are welcoming vaccinated Americans who may very well be carrying covid because it has been shown, fully vaccinated people can carry the virus. We are all just being used as pawns in a political game. Some willingly, the rest not. GD

Exactly. None of it makes any sense. Ive spent the summer working for a road construction company and I talk to Americans traveling through Canada every single day who are not vaccinated. So our imbeciles in Ottawa are going to require American tourists to show proof of vaccination but "essential" traveler's wont need it! Hunters wth hunts booked this year are now finding it hard to book flights. Airlines dropped a lot offlights during the scamdemic especially into some of the smaller towns. And outfitters are finding out that a large percentage of American hunters are not as gullible as Canadians seem to be. Some are refusing to get vaccinated and forfeiting their hunts and deposits. My first hunt in Sept was canceled because of this. They are already talking about booster shots being required. They are going to find it very hard to convince many Americans to line up for that....what happens then??

I have said it before and I WILL say it again. It will be over when the politicians SAY it is over.

I have to be honest. BOTH my wife and I are vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. We did it ONLY because back in March I just knew it would be a requirement. Hunting on Anticosti it just THAT important for me because it is the greatest thrill I have to see her hunting and succeeding. Call me what you want.

Everyone has the right to make the decision to get vaccinated for whatever reason they want. I agree with you thats its not over until the politicians say so. Science doesnt matter and hasnt since day one. We've been fielding more calls and emails than at any time I can remember. Tons of people wanting to go on trips and lots of questions about the vaccine requirements. Some have said they are going to wait and see if maybe that restriction is eventually lifted. Others like yourself have taken it, but are worried they will book and then they will require this booster shot they are talking about now. I dont know what to think or tell people about the vaccine requirement being lifted. Since the US is not requiring a vaccine to enter, part of me thinks Canada will eventually let the unvaccinated in. Depends on the election maybe. I believe the only reason they even announced they were opening the border is because an election is eminent. The loonies out in eastern Canada are going to vote them back in so they neednt worry. Hope your trip to Anticosti is the best yet!

Thanks to everyone for their understanding.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5