Richard—this was my experience and I know 2 other people who have traveled to the US. I went down the last week of April and had to quarentine for 2 weeks upon my arrival back in Canada. The hardest part about the whole ordeal was getting a PCR test in order to return home.

One of my buddies went down the first week in June—he too had to quarentine upon his return but my other buddy went down last week—he had to do a test upon returning home but that was no big deal and no restrictions has far quarentine goes. Both these guys are Treaty First Nations and I’m dual citizen so no problem getting into US.

I went to a CVS Pharmacy in Edina,MN my 2 buddies both went to Walgreens in Duluth. First question they ask for is an insurance card or number—I just told them I didn’t have one—no problem. Guy at the Pharmacy told me he needed a name birthdate and address. I told him I’m from Canada—he said write down the street address of the Pharmacy. Even though I was standing right there in the Pharmacy I still had to go on-line to make an appointment for the test—I had to wait about 20 minutes and then a girl watched me do the test and seal it in an envelope.. the envelopes are picked up each day and analyzed the next day. I got my results back by email almost exactly 48 hours after the swab.

My buddies had the same experience except one guys test came back inconclusive—didn’t have enough snot on it. He redid the test and the pharmacy got him new results in only 24 hours.

I showed up at the border with my test results but had not registered with ArriveCan—couldn’t figure out how to do that on my phone. Got registered by telephone —not a big deal

Good luck