Originally Posted by kkahmann
They are doing random tests on some American visitors. I would think if you test positive you would just return home. If you are an American citizen they can’t deny you entry back into USA no matter how sick you might be.
My landlord lives in Wisconsin and has attempted to cross the border 5 times in the last 2 months—- he was denied twice and that was because nobody at the border communicates very well with the Thunder Bay Health Unit. They can’t seem to agree on which paperwork is nessesary.

We had to enter our quarantine plan into ArriveCAN right down to the room we’d be in. I got the impression they’d be checking up on us. I wonder if leaving the country instead would cause problems for future trips. That solution would be far better than a 14 day quarantine.

Our entry was literally a breeze. The border officers were efficient and showed the same courtesy as always. I doubt we were delayed more than an additional 5 minutes for the COVID stuff. Of course we were prepared as well, and I think they appreciate that.