Originally Posted by Cheyenne
OP, can’t you figure out when you’re being used? The guy invites you to hunt with him and you end up driving and bringing his horses? The guy says he’ll tag along and then you end up dragging horses. The guy “volunteers” for something and then wants consideration in return? Then he talks down to you? He also tells you he will hunt legally or illegally. Geez. He isn’t a friend. He is a parasite and a liability. Your (or society’s) concerns don’t matter to him. Run, Forrest, Run! If he gets mad, so what. Surely your wife would understand that.

As for diming the guy out, I am not sure what that would accomplish. If you tell game and fish that Joe Blow has an archery tag and said that he intends to hunt with a muzzle loader during the upcoming archery season, and to go find him in the middle of nowhere Colorado and catch him in the act, that is going to be quite a long shot. If you tell them that Joe Blow says that he hunted with a muzzle loader during archery season in the past, that won’t come close to proving a case beyond a reasonable doubt. If it makes you feel better, fine, but don’t expect that it will do much.

Abby

This. You're basically accusing him of a thought crime. He's thinking about doing something that he hasn't done yet. Yay, 'Merica, you just went full commie.

Otherwise, I'd disassociate myself from an obvious jerk who simply uses people under the guise of being friends.