I was on the Interstate yesterday when a really nice crew-cab 1-ton dodge welding truck passed me in the fast lane. It caught my eye because it was red, with a custom black bobtail flatbed, big welding machine, and 35" or so offroad tires on polished alloy rims. Fairly new truck and spotless. Driver's front seat probably wasn't spotless after the enormous shimmy that developed in the front end right after he passed me. I've never seen anything like that in my life. Those big front tires began oscillating so badly that they looked to be nearly15 degrees off the vertical axis, flopping in and out of the fenderwells, and all of this at 75mph. Guy pulled over into the grass median and shut it down.

I'd be really sore if my $50k+ truck nearly killed me on the highway. I'm assuming it was death wobble, as the whole front end was doing it, although I suppose something could have broken. Anybody ever had it happen to them? I know of one local guy who had Dodge take his 3500 4x4 back after they couldn't solve it.

Last edited by JPro; 07/27/21.

Now with even more aplomb