Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't mind the slang but I hate the alphabets, especially when it refers to technology. Most of the time when I look up something technical online, I have spend much more time trying to figure out what the alphabetic terms are referring to.

I find this funny ... ironic. I don't direct this at you, just .. triggers a comment.

I work in an I.T. shop. We provide service for a couple dozen different business units each having their own unique set of acronyms often with overlap .. same letters meaning different things. Our "users" bitch a lot about I.T. using acronyms. True enough, but we are one department with one set. The same overall group of people who whine about having to learn part of our set think NOTHING of expecting us to learn their dozen to two dozen sets of acronyms and know which to use in which setting. Also we're supposed to somehow know how to do everyone's job better than they know it by doing it every day for decades so we can remind them when they forget. Argh. "I.T. is tired of hearing it."

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...