Wow there's a lot of knowledgable recurve shooters here!
I need to rehome my bow that I never thought I'd part with. The first question that comes to mind is how would one ship a 62" one piece recurve?
I also need to determine a value, I don't know if thats cool here but I'll tell you about it and appreciate any input I get.
It's a 55# 62" right hander. I bought it around 30 years ago from a nice old guy at a mom and pop archery shop in Seattle. It's marked Ridgerunner, asI recall the story it was his design that he had built by Martin in Yakima. I never got to use it much, I killed one deer and a few muskrat with it. I had a few other bows and sold most of them over the years since I wasn't using them but I kept the Ridgerunner, it fits me like a glove and comes up and on target almost automaticaly. I tried several takedowns but none felt anything like my one piece. I certainly couldn't let it go if there was even a chance I'd use it again so It languished in the basement.
. Life hasn't gone entirely according to plan and now I can't even string the bow, so it's time.
Some years later, after I'd moved away from Seattle, I learned that the old archer in the shop in Seattle was named Glenn St Charles and I should have asked him to sign the bow for me.