Originally Posted by Blueboy
gsganzer, barrel will hold probably 50-75 bags.....it is I think a 500 gallon mounted on a frame on wheels...slanted so can get corn out of shoot at back. I know guys put corn in the corn feeders and some of them hold 300 pounds and corn will last several weeks. I want to start feeding end of Sept on into Dec.

If this thing is road worthy and you can get it to your local feed mill, they'll probably work a deal with you for a blended feed product. We used to get corn and roasted soy beans, corn and protein pellet blend or corn and cottonseed. Corn by itself is mainly starch and is better as an attractant. Something with more protein is probably what you want and you should start feeding when antlers begin growing, or when the local browse begins to run out (for us in Central TX, usually late May, June or early July depending on the spring rains).

The corn and roasted soybean are pretty water resistant (unlike most protein pellets) so you get less waste if the ground is wet. The turkeys also seem to like the soybeans.