Originally Posted by LoadClear
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by RimfireArtist
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
You are absolutely NOT REQUIRED to immediately advise anybody.

The only thing we need to hear from you is an apology for this absolutely terrible advice that, if followed, would get people immediately hauled to jail.

Would far rather take advice from the judge. Little thing about self-incrimination... the fact they cannot change.

You should read the decision on DUNLAP V Anchorage Police Department 2017

The court ruled (in 2017) that since having a concealed firearm is legal, there is no self incrimination in the duty to notify.

First of all, I want to say that I THINK THE LAW IS WRONG AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL. However, it is a law that has been upheld by federal court, and I seriously doubt that a guy coming up here for a hunting trip wants to fight a Class B Misdemeanor charge.

Ive served on the Grand Jury in AK, and a trial jury as well. Obviously, we saw a lot of firearms cases in the Grand Jury... however none related to that provision of the law specifically, since we only dealt with felonies. I HAVE WITNESSED FIRST HAND firearms being confiscated by the troopers and a court summons issued do to not notifying the trooper of a handgun under the seat of a vehicle.

You aren't overly bright.