The last 3 deer I shot with .25-'06 were with partitions, 2 different rifles, one a 115 and two with 120s. That's where I'd start. I prefer 120s but if the gun likes 115s or even 100s better, that's fine.

I had very bad luck with the 110 grain accubonds blowing up .. in a .257 Roberts. 2 shots, 2 deer, in about 2 minutes, both recovered. Both shots were behind the shoulder, missed the shoulder blade and leg, just ribs, meat, and lung air, and both grenaded, hit the far side of the rib cage as tiny fragments creating massive meat loss on the off side. No exit of any sort. I talked to a friend who reloads commercially 'bout that and he said his customers were reporting the same thing. Maybe Nosler let a bad batch out the door, maybe they'd be ok now, but I don't think it is worth the risk when there are bullets that have proven themselves to me available.

I have not had good luck with accuracy with Barnes X bullets but still worth a try in a new gun.

Of cup and core bullets, I'd look at the Speer 120 grain flat base first, then probably Hornady 117 grain BTSB. My favorite .25 cal cup 'n' core was the 120 grain flat base HP hornady but those were discontinued a few years ago. Sierras generally shoot well but my experience, when they hit meat, is similar to what happened with those 110 grain ABs and I would not use them except as very last resort.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...