Been killing whitetails with a 25-06 since the late 70s. M700 ADL and later built another rifle with a heavier SS Douglass barrel.

Started with 100 and 117 Sierras, used 87gr Sierras for varmints, in the M700. When the 100gr Btips hit the market, both rifles really liked them, so that's all I've loaded in the past 40 years. 54grs of IMR 4831. Lots of newer powders in the years since, never had any reasons to change?

I've personally killed well over a dozen deer with that load and my hunting buddy racked up about the same tally with his M700 BDL 25-06 and that load. Some of mine out to 450-500 yards with the HB rifle, several beyond 300 yards. Most were one shot kills, right through the boiler room. Only ever had to search for one deer shot with a 25-06 and that was my fault. Tad shy of 400 yards, got tired of waiting for the doe to get out of the brush. But I found her. Worst shot I've ever made on a deer, ain't figuring to repeat it?

Have heard all the stories about this bullet "blowing up" on deer. Has never been my experience and they are far more accurate than the Sierras ever were.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.