Un scientific experiences, but my gal was shooting 120 gr HP Game Kings in her tang safety M77, when we hooked up decades ago. It's what her ex had loaded and she insisted on staying with it. She killed a deer every year, mostly at 100 yards or less, but the best I could get that rifle to bench at 100yds, was around an inch and a half..

When she quit hunting and it became my third 25-06, loaded up 100gr Btips and the first trip to the range, got three shot groups a bit under 3/4". Gave it to her son several years ago. He uses my loads and has killed deer past 200yds with it.

Back when I started loading for the 25-06, the two worst loads in my M700, were 75 and 90 grain Sierras. The 90gr HPs never shot better than an inch and a half at 100 yards.

The 87gr Sierra spitzers shot the best of any bullets back then, which is why they were my woodchuck loads. Not unusual to get three shot groups in one ragged hole and that was with a Harris and a rear bag from the bench. Similar result with the new 100gr Btips, when I made the switch. Was nearly out of the 87s at the time, so the Btips became my dual purpose bullet. Never used any more 100gr Sierras for deer, after killing my first one with the Noslers..

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.