Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Up to about 2 years ago Scheels would give you a decent price on a trade in gun - at least the one here in Kansas City.
then they got a new manager and they changed their policies and they now offer less for a trade in than Cabelas…. CABELAS !!

The price they offer has little to nothing to do with the blue book value - so I’m done with them if I can avoid them…. WOW.

Once they got a new manager, they place reminds me a a shister gun store.. a complete 180 from where they were originally…

I looked over info the the "Blue Book of Gun Values". It appears its only use is to determine info or relatively new guns and specs of some older guns. I would not use it to determine used gun values. Obviously Scheels is looking for guns in great shape and in demand that can be sold in relatively short time. One example would be Gen 3 Glock with "frying pan" finish boxed in excellent condition, K-framed 9x19 S&W revolver or any larger S&W revolver with pinned barrel and recessed cylinder chambers (pre 1981 if memory serves right) if in excellent original condition. On the opposite end of spectrum would be something like: Keltec, Taurus,....... or some beat up Stevens hunting gun. Last year I recommended S&W 9x19 K-framed service revolver in excellent condition to member of THR that showed up on sale for $1450 at reputable US dealer site. He bought the gun and is happy to have it. One must remember they can give you at most about 80% of market value (if the gun is desirable and sought after) because they have to make a profit when they sell the gun.