Originally Posted by Oldman03
Last week I had a MRI done on my shoulder and today I went back to the doc to see what the damage was. Good news! Rotator cuff not torn, just sprained. Said most of the damage was bursitis, cause from 'old age'. Gave me a steroid shot in the shoulder and wants me to go to physical therapy. Haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not. I kinda figure working every day on the farm is about as good a physical therapy as you can get, as long as I don't overdo it, for a while.

Praise the Lord !

I had a Partially torn rotator cuff last year.
It eventually healed.
I think THIS is why.

1. Rest but keeping it mobile. That meant no lifting of heavy weight above the shoulders.

2. I ate connective tissue of cow and pig parts to give the body what it was lacking. A deficiency made the shoulder weak and prone to injury to start with. I had to reverse that.

3. Supplements that address the joints, tendons and connective tissues were taken.

4. Food and supplements that reduce inflammation were eaten.

5. Foods that cause inflammation were avoided.

6. Glutens were avoided since they prevent the absorption of nutrients.

7. I avoided chemicals/ drugs and synthetic steroids since they cause the degridation of connective tissue. Some people only need a couple of shots before they really tear their shoulders badly. Then the docs start making the BIG $ BUCKS!
It's one reason for "pain management."
I've broken lots of bones and had lots of sprains and tears. I don't have a high pain threshold. I make use of God created remedies that don't make me surgeon poor and surgeons rich.
I don't judge you or others for letting their docs inject. I just care enough to tell you the truth. Too many rheumatologists, etc KNOW this, but care more about their next vacation expenses. Watch out for doctors and nurses bearing needles.

YMMV
I hope that you find a way to heal and strengthen too my friend.

☕ 🙂 👍

One happy camper

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/25/21.