Originally Posted by Oldman03
Last week I had a MRI done on my shoulder and today I went back to the doc to see what the damage was. Good news! Rotator cuff not torn, just sprained. Said most of the damage was bursitis, cause from 'old age'. Gave me a steroid shot in the shoulder and wants me to go to physical therapy. Haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not. I kinda figure working every day on the farm is about as good a physical therapy as you can get, as long as I don't overdo it, for a while.

I went to PT after falling off my truck and jamming my left rotator cuff breaking my fall a decade ago and the gay fruit loop drove me crazy with the lisp. He did show me what I needed to know and I never went back.

Get the lightest tube band from Walmart for 12 bucks and jump on YouTube and watch the internal/external rotation exercises. There are several others that are useful but I don’t know the name.

In my case, I have been injury free weight training for the last two years by warming up with those rehab exercises on upper body days, and doing them on lower body/ab days with more intensity.

I damaged my right shoulder pretty bad benching in my early 20s without warming up.

True, I am weak in the upper body and a lot of the women lift heavier than me but no injuries in two years.

Dave