Originally Posted by Redneck
Handgun - Ruger MK-II slab-side. 2nd choice would be the Ruger SR22.
Rife: Rem M541T. 2nd choice would be (hunting/varmint) Savage MK-II blue/laminated or (SHTF ) Ruger 10-22.

Never thought I'd ever own a Savage, but this little MK-II is incredibly accurate and fun to shoot..

While my 1949 model 52 takes the cake for "fun to shoot" because you get a sense of extraordinary quality, my Savage MKI FVT single shot takes a close second. I'll admit, I think the savage is every bit as accurate as the old winchester. One of the reasons I recently bought a MKII FVT target rifle. I've been cleaning up with the single shot at my clubs know your limits shoots with the single shot savage. The rifle is a shooter. With the right ammo, it will drive tacks. At 50 yards, those 1/4" targets don't seem so hard to hit with the savage. We've had guys from other clubs join in the fun and those guys are using souped up rifles that are known for exceptional accuracy, but none of them shoot on par with the Savage. I'm hoping my new Savage shoots as well as the single shot MKI:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'll drop it into a laminated stock, like I did with the MKI pictured above^^^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA