John,

Maybe "a bit" would have been better used than "hard". Either is an precisely inexact term. Like I said the newest brass still has tight primer pockets after 5 or 6 firings right about 3000fps (c.2985 instrumental Oehler 35 center screen @ 10'). I had some WW brass that had 12 firings before it retired, but that was also used in load development so was past the point where I stop now at least twice. Unsure how much speed the 25" barrel adds. Maybe 25 to 35 fps/inch? Negligible over a 24", but noticeable over a 22". Was going to cut it back an inch at a time after a good load was found to see how many fps were lost, except the rifle balances & handles well as it is. The loads have been trouble free after some initial teething pains. If you were wondering, nickle 280 brass cracks at the neck/shoulder within 3 to 5 reloads after fireforming, but looks cool as schidt with CT Ballistic Tips. It's the same with my other Ackleys. The '06 has a 26" barrel & knocks on 300 H&H speeds with 150s to 180s. The Roberts was 26" & came near 25-06 speeds, but got sold. The 22-250 is only 24"... for now, but betters any 26" Swift I've ever had. Brass life is beyond good with all, but I run them close to red line because that's where they seem to group best. A win/win it seems. Yes I did read most of Bob Hagel's stuff, but tempered it a bit with a lot of Ken Waters.

Now about pressure... equivalent of what? It's certainly higher than a factory '06 & so far, less than problematic. I have no pressure equipment other than a .00005" micrometer & a chronograph, so I bow to your experience with actual pressure tested loads. If the brass lasts as long, or longer, than the same brass in a regular factory chamber with plain old regular loads below "book max." (think 50-52 gr 4064 in WW brass with a 150 in the '06) it makes me curious how unsafe it could really be. Are there really +/-10% pressure excursions with carefully prepared handloads showing SDs often in the teens or lower? Thanks-358.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy