I have used a 260 Rem since 2004 or so. A few times I have used something else, but mostly that. I lost 1 deer to it due to blood trail petering out. Shot felt good, deer was 60 yards away, using a 140 Accubond. May have made a bad shot, don't know. Most kills with the 260 have gone down within sight, so really no need to trail. The other caliber I have had some experience with is the 35, either in the 35 Rem or the 358 Win. I would say that the 35 caliber holes tend to leak more, but the deer do not die any more quickly. The 260 puts meat in the freezer pretty easily. The biggest blood trail I ever have seen on a deer that I shot was a 45/70 with a 420 grain bullet that I cast myself. It had a very wide flat meplat. Talk about painting the ground! Deer made it 10 yards. Beauty of it was there was very little wasted meat, no bloodshot meat, dime sized going in, quarter sized going out. That flat meplat sure hit hard!
All these were in Pa woods so all under 100 yards

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.