Pappy

I have been in those same circumstances and your 10 year example, almost identical circumstances

ONLY I shot him with a 7 RM while it was raining. There was blood on the ground in some water ---- THAT'S all
and NO blood trail. I had to crawl thru underbrush until I 'accidently' stumbled upon him.

Where I've been hunting since 2012 it is family property and I am the ONLY 1 with permission to hunt it. I hunt
every day I possibly can till AFTER Christmas but I can't put pressure on the deer so they are going about their natural
business.

The reason I began shooting CNS is too often I'm close to a property fence and I can't hunt the other side SO I need
stop the death run.

I have 1 pic that illustrates that perfectly. The doe was within feet of the fence DOA.
UNfortunately that along with other pix are KIDNAPPED by Photopukeit for ransom. I can upload to my
computer ONE AT A TIME so I just don't do it.
I AIN'T paying them.

I really like CNS shots for multiple reasons.

Here are a few examples -- look for either blood or bullet holes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The bullet almost exited the hide -- on back line. 30-06 165 HBTSP
The blood at his mouth is ALL the blood trail .

No comment necessary

Notice BULGED eyeballs. He was walking straight away and my ONLY shot was back of the neck. The bullet ranged
upward, cracked his skull and knocked his L antler loose. It's against the gate cable to hold it up.

Last pic now.

That's bullet ENTRY, he collapsed. 30-06, 165 BTSP.

I do like Model Sixes and WOOD stocks too. wink

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 09/04/21.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!