Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by kingston
The model is built with demographic data. It's a sophomoric and inane attempt at what it purports to be, namely an accounting of COVID Deaths by political affiliation.

Kingston,

cause and effect, correlation, the meaning of data.

much more important than ""wah that graph doesn't say what I want".

Arizona deaths at the beginning were much more among native Americans, not necessarily very conservative group.

It would be interesting see how or if that has changed since July 2020.

Is that the same for the high per capita deaths in the Dakotas? I don't know.

what would it take to break it out? by county? by voting precinct?

Or more interesting to me, over time when vaccine are available vs when they weren't.

I posted the guys disclaimer , which was fairly thorough. Considering he is a web designer, not an epidemiologist or public health expert.

He has a number of other graphs available not all focused on party affiliation.

It is interesting how the Campfire rallies around simplistic correlations between party affiliations and outcomes when it is positive for "their" side.

Sycamore

It's regrettable that you chose to mock me.

The graph is ineffective at what it purports to do, namely illustrate the relationship between covid deaths and political affiliation over time. My primary criticism rests on how the author determined political affiliation. My criticism doesn't concern the novelty and/or effectiveness of his particular graphic presentation of the data.

Finally, I think you're disingenuous and lack the requisite self awareness to engage in these discussions charitably..

Kingston,

there are 10 different graphs on his page. This is one of them.

He says he gets political affiliation "using the Cook Partisan Voting Index."

what are your complaints about using the Cook Partisan Voting Index?

He also says : "The partisanship of the state in which they reside is pretty much a non-factor at that point."

Do you agree or disagree?

What would be a more useful graphic in your mind?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....