Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
I’ll be watching. I just snagged a little 7-08 Featherweight and need a quick load to get it in deer hunting shape for the fall. Seems to shoot my reduced load of H4895 and 120 BT real decent.

Let me dig up my notes tomorrow on my load info for my 7/08 in a featherweight. It was shooting 140 Nosler bt pretty good.

Thanks John.

Here you go. The 140 BT load was a good one. I almost used this rifle and load for my sheep hunt in 2018. But I went and got all nostalgic and used a 270 Winchester instead.

[Linked Image]

Good stuff right there. My Tikka didn't like that stiff of a load with the 150gr Hornady ELDX. 45gr gave pretty good accuracy though:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Close to moa. I'm hoping it does better with the 140gr TTSX or the LRX's I have set off to the side for it.. J, I know you and Pharm like that magnum primer. Is it worth considering for that powder? I may try some CCI250's, if you think that will make a difference. I also have 3,000 BR2'S to play with.. In the group above, I was using CCI200's..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA