Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
I’ll be watching. I just snagged a little 7-08 Featherweight and need a quick load to get it in deer hunting shape for the fall. Seems to shoot my reduced load of H4895 and 120 BT real decent.

Let me dig up my notes tomorrow on my load info for my 7/08 in a featherweight. It was shooting 140 Nosler bt pretty good.

My classic shot mediocre, but it was a damn nice rifle. Got it for a great deal. Someone else wanted it more than I did, so I sent it down the road:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Those fwt's are nice rifles. You 2 are good at working up loads. I'm sure you will find a great load. I pulled the old Nikon off of my 7mm08 today and swapped it out for a New Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. I've had issues with the factory Tikka rings in the past, so I swapped those out as well. Now back to the drawing board with the 140gr TTSX. The most promising loading was right at 2,820 fps with Big Game powder. I'm hoping to try that bullet on a buck this year. Dug 2 of those bullets out of the dirt bank and they weighed 130 and 130.8 gr's. 93-94% weight retention. Wondering how they will do on a thin skinned deer or elk...

The 140ttsx is a dense bullet. Would be great for elk. Launched at 3200 from a 7 mag just not much terminal damage on deer sized game. At 7/08 velocities it would be even less so. This has been my experience with them.