Originally Posted by MedRiver
Mine is a Ruger 77 with a JES rebore. Mine has not been as boring as some of you are reporting.

Getting it to shoot the 225 SGK has been no problem. It has been the most consistently accurate bullet over several different powders and multiple velocity ranges. I have kinda settle on a somewhat sedate load of 66.4 gr of PP 2000-MR that gets me to 2600 in my 21" Rifle. I had ran it hotter with good accuracy but as time goes on brass life is starting to mean more to me then having to raise my gun an extra inch or two at 300 yards.

Light pistol bullets and a reduced load with a 200g Sierra RN to match .35 Rem ballistics were also easy to get to shoot well and a ton of fun to boot.

The fly in the ointment has been with the other bullets I would like to shoot...namely the 225 TSX and the 250 Speer. Results have been very inconsistent. Some days the loads would group very well...other days I would get fliers. The Speer seems to be the better of the two and I have a warm load with MR2000 at 2630 that shoots "good enough" and averages about 1.5 MOA. Unfortunately that means sub MOA some days and closer to 2 MOA others. Plenty good for killing big game at reasonable ranges but hardly good enough to satisfy the OCD in me. I got a Hornady modified case for my COL gauge and was shocked to find that I can almost push the Speer bullet out of the case before I contact the lands. The 225 sierra does fall out due to the boat tail. Bullets seated to mag length have to jump roughly 1/2 mile. I am thinking all that freebore is not helping my accuracy situation and am debating having the rifle set back and rechambered to play nicer with the 250 Speer.

35 Whelens have long leads

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first