Originally Posted by JamesJr
I was a member for several years, but got fed up with all the requests for money. Same thing with the NRA. They both were after as much money from you as you would give them. I finally quit both organizations, and even quit going to the local NWTF banquets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing things that will help the sport, and in the case of the NWTF, help out our wild turkey population and introduce new hunters to turkey hunting. But, I decided to do things on my own land that will help the turkeys and other wildlife, instead of giving money to an organization that spent that money elsewhere.

You are right about the NRA and other org’s Soliciting donations constantly. And, internal or staff problems aside, its not all the NRA’s fault. What garners attention and support in D.C is big-money, special-interest groups and their lobbyists with tubs full of money. And money equals power.

No real national problems get fixed and will not get fixed because “we the people” are no longer represented — behind every apparent national calamity, there are special interests perpetuating it for their gain. It’s never been more evident than it is today.