Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I'd sign my entire bank account over to the NWTF before I will give a dime to the NRA.

What other organization do you support that is fighting for our gun rights? ......Hb

I'd prefer those fighting for my gun rights not actively fight against them...i.e., bumpstocks.

As for who I support, that's my business. My money goes where I feel it will actually be used to do something other than buy designer suits and throw parties.

I will say the rescinding a life membership with the NRA is harder than it should be.

As for the NWTF, I have seen a considerable amount of boots on the ground work. Habitat improvement, landowner assistance, etc. They have been instrumental, at least around here, in changes to turkey bag limits in an effort to benefit the overall flock. Without the NWTF, the state would likely never have gone to a one time state, and gotten rid of fall rifle hunting...both things that should have happened years ago.

No one needed a barrel burning "bump stock"....it was a design that should have never slipped under the radar.

I agree the NWTF has been "instrumental"...instrumental in sticking their noses where they don't belong and getting bag limits reduced instead of finding the real cause of the turkey population tilt.

"Rifles for turkey hunting"....I've never hunted turkeys with a rifle but it was a long time tradition and would present a challenge in the woods.

For the modern day decoy toting blind sitter that thinks he's a turkey hunter to want rifles outlawed is understandable.

I think enclosed blinds and turkey decoys should be outlawed....

That would help the turkey population more than a reduction in bag limit or getting a type of firearm outlawed.

Ps...you lost me on "Without the NWTF, the state would likely never have gone to a one time state"

What is a one time state ?