Originally Posted by humdinger
Originally Posted by mak2
I don't think I have posted here before, I have been reading adn trying to learn something. I am retired and just very recently got into hunting. I know have a very steep learning curve. I have a deer rifle and a bow and that is about it. Like I said, I have never hunted much but I have have been hiking and camping and fishing all the time over the years. I don't expect you guys could tell me how, just point me in the right direction to find a thread that is very informative. I thought the NWTF would be a great place to start, now I am not so sure.

The NWTF is more about promoting the sport and conservation then education.

You could joing the local chapter and meet up with people to get education. The organization & publication dont do much from a national level.

Your state DNR may have training seminars and clubs may put on stuff.

Old gobbler forum may be good.

Good luck.

Going to a local NWTF banquet is a good way to meet other hunters, make hunting connections, and get into the turkey hunting community.

You may find a mentor, or a hunting partner - it's all about networking and making friends that are willing to help - but you have to pay the annual membership to get in the door.

Last edited by AH64guy; 12/14/21.