Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by pullit
Been thinking about this and I know there are pro's and con's to it. I took a Red Dot class the other day and at the end of it, I am wondering if I really want to go down that road.
I will say that if I did go down that road, it would take a lot more work on my part to get where I would feel good about carrying with one, and I understand that.

My questions is what do y'all think about it and how many use a red dot on EDC?

My nephew is a cop, and he switched to one on his service gun a couple of years ago. He says he'd never
go back. Personally, I cannot see it. I don't want to learn to become dependent on technology that requires a charged battery.

Once an individual gets past the learning curve he’s absolutely correct.
You’re not dependent on technology, assuming you set your gun up correctly. Suppressor sights with the dot and one has the best of both worlds. If the dot goes down, you shoot the same way you have for decades.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�