Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by NH K9
Once an individual gets past the learning curve he’s absolutely correct.
You’re not dependent on technology, assuming you set your gun up correctly. Suppressor sights with the dot and one has the best of both worlds. If the dot goes down, you shoot the same way you have for decades.

George

Couldn't there be momentary confusion as you raise the gun up and there's no dot?

Same as a malfunction. Training > stuff

You're overlooking the fact that training requires stuff, in the form of ammo. And right now, that's a problem that must be weighed by those of us already accustomed to our iron sights. I was all set to begin transitioning to the dot, but don't see it as a priority at this time. My risk assessment tells me it's safer to maintain current skills than to start something new, until ammo is more available. YMMV.

Solid point. Although my 22/45 with a Holosun on top would be good for training

Also a good point.

I'd like to know if it matters more to use a similar pistol to what you carry, or if the sight is the same.

For me it was the fundamentals of the draw/presentation.

Getting good with a dot from the holster translates very well to being better without a dot from the holster.

Once you've got the dot, it's just faster and more accurate than irons from day one.

I understand that. But what I wonder is if practicing with the dot on one pistol model will translate well to the same dot on another pistol with different geometry.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.