I have a 20 month old wire haired pointing griffon. Last summer as a pup we shot 22s near her while we were camping and stuff and she was fine. She never seemed bothered at all and during the 4th of July she was just upset because we made her stay in the house.

A few months ago we were camping and one of my kids fired his 22 rascal with her about 50 feet away and she acted shy. I had the kids stop shooting right away. I have since been out in the back yard playing with her dummy bird and having her retrieve it. My 7 year old daughter came out on the back porch and fired her little dollar store cap gun about 100 feet from the dog.. The dog immediately headed in the house and didn't want to play anymore.

We didn't get her out bird hunting much last year because she got terribly car sick as a pup. We tried to take her out but she would puke all over everything and foam at the mouth. She's over that now and likes to go for rides but now gunshyness has set it.

Is there anything I can do to get her past being gunshy. I've heard all kinds of advice much of it opposite of what the last guy said. We are going to take her out on the youth pheasant hunt again tomorrow and see if we can get her on a bird. We took her to the management area on Saturday but the fish and game didn't release the birds they were supposed to so we never saw a bird.

She's a smart dog and strong willed. She's pointed since she was a pup. She stayed with us well on Saturday in the field and didn't get too far out front. She really liked running around. She seemed a little nervous when she saw the shotgun and was in too close at first but she moved out and worked ahead of us. I'm hoping to just get her on some birds and get her really excited about hunting. Then maybe try a shot a ways away from her.

I really hope there's a solution. Our last dog was gushy the whole 10 years we had her. I really want one we can hunt.

Bb