We have 4 SM's - none are gun shy. When you're hammering a nail, they will try to stick their nose right where you are striking. When you shoot a gun they get excited and run to where you last aimed. If you miss, they look at you like...um...don't miss.

Hell, just opening the gun safe or showing them a collar gets them so excited that you better do something with them.

But...one hates the vacuum cleaner and will run in the other room when it's on. And one hates the lawn mower and runs inside when it's running. They all love the 4 wheeler and dive on the seat like saddle bags when it's on, same with tractor, and rtv. If you say 'truck' they run around them until a door is open to get inside. One hated the truck when we first got her so I just fed her in the truck while she was a pup and now she is the worst one...once she gets in...she refuses to get out unless she goes on a ride...and around the block doesn't cut it anymore. So we make short trips to ACE.

Anyways, I noticed the breeders would clang their dishes together when they were getting ready to be fed as pups and get them riled up and clap their hands. So' I'd try that. Also to me, a 22 has a hypersonic crack that is different from a shotgun...so I'd probably just get her all birdy and use some hulls with only a primer in them for initial exposure.

Or, probably the best thing to do would be to find a navhda chapter near you and go to some of their training events. They have people who can work with you and see the dog and give great advice.