Lots of good ideas. I put a bb gun in by her food and water bowl. She noticed it at first but has adjusted. I took her out on the youth hunt with my 9 year old and she stayed ahead of us and ran around but we didn't get into any birds.

Last week I took her out to the WMA to hunt. She ran around a bit but stayed pretty close to me. I had 1 long shot at a bird that someone nearby kicked up and it flew behind me pretty far out. I took a shot just to see what she would do. She didn't run off but did stay in real close to me or just behind me after that. She looked a little confused but I just played up the excitement.

I think if I can get her on some birds and get her excited about it she'll be ok. I grabbed the shotgun today and put it in the truck and she wanted to go with. I'm going to take her out tomorrow and hopefully get her on some birds. I think there's hope for her I just need to get her on birds and get her excited. She's very smart and comes from good hunting parents and great lines.

Her hips check out so we are going to do some more testing before we decide whether to fix her or not. I met a field trials judge that really wants me to bread her to a stud he knows that's a state champ. He was just going off her looks though he liked her fur texture and coloration along with her build. He said she has the classic orangish Grey and liver color or something like that. If I can get her fired up about hunting we may breed her in a few months at her next heat. If she's not hunting yet I may wait or just get her fixed. I'm not sure what to do but it wouldn't seem right to breed a hunting breed if she's not hunting.

She is a smart and tenacious dog I just haven't got her on the birds mostly do to my health problems and her extreme car sickness she went through year 1.

Bb