Every year I put in everyone in my family old enough to hunt for antelope tags in eastern Montana. This year we had five eligible hunters. I usually single party the doe tags and split up the either sex permits into a couple parties. With the drought FWP cut permits way back it seems and we were lucky to get five doe tags.

Here is a write up of our 2020 hunt.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../re-2020-mt-antelope-opener#Post15334304

We made it to the area in time to find a herd of goats right before dark and had a good place to start in the morning.

At 3 a.m. I woke up to fairly steady rain on the camper roof. This was the first rain the area had seen in months so I was grateful they were getting the moisture but knew it could make for a long day with extra walking and pack out jobs.

We held to tradition for a morning stop at the gas station for hot cocoa.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This was my 12 year old daughters first trip and it was great to have her along. Her older sister Bailey is a college freshman so it was fun to see them get to spend some time together.

We got rolling and to the ranch just after daylight.

Luckily my ten year old decided to stay at our friends house to entertain their little boys because it was a full pickup with five tag holders and enough hardware to start a pretty decent insurrection.

Visibility was poor but we quickly found the herd within a half mile of where we left them the night before. The main herd was in way too open of ground to make a play but there were a few stragglers on the edges so we decided to make a move…