We head toward the sound of the shots and see Bailey out in the open standing next to a dead antelope. A text comes through from her. “Two Down”. We keep walking which gives her time to take some selfies smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

When we get there we get the full story. They had stalked into position and Carsten gave her the green light. She missed clean at about 300 and the group milled briefly. Carsten lined up and hammered the one Bailey missed with his .25-06.

They ran off but ended up swinging closer and stopped broadside at 250 yards. Bailey didn’t miss that time and sent a 120 Ballistic Tip through both lungs.

While we were gutting Bailey’s I was already dreading the thought of hauling three antelope across a muddy stubble field. Our rancher friend Tate must have read my mind as he decided it wasn’t too wet and came to our rescue. Sweet!

We loaded hers then went to Carstens. He had done a great job as the guide and had managed to pull off a double. This was a big moment for him…me too.

His shot was excellent and the 120 Speer BTSP did a number on its heart.

He did all the dressing then we went and grabbed Amy’s. Three in an F350 beats three trips in a backpack any day!

Antelope hunting is still exhausting apparently.

Only one tag left…