The other two had there share of action but no shooting. They had snuck within range but when Bailey tried to shoot her bipod was too short and she would lose visibility.

Carsten had a tall bipod and offered her his rifle. Bailey said she was more comfortable with her 7mm-08 and they decided to switch bipods. I was pretty impressed that Carsten didn’t just shoot one himself.

While they we’re screwing around with that the antelope moved off. They headed for a small drainage in the middle of the field. Carsten said he figured it was better to let them get settled and try later.

Good call.

We gave them some time and came back an hour later after striking out at a few other places we thought might hold some antelope.

Apparently antelope hunting is exhausting.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sure enough they were settled right where Carsten and Bailey left them and in a great position for a stalk. After a long trudge through muddy stubble we make it into position and get set up.

There is a small portion of the herd visible and one doe in full view. Amy’s blistering heal (muck boots kinda suck) was bugging her and I don’t know how many more stalks she has left in her so the shot is hers. The doe is facing nearly straight on and when her 6mm-06 barks I see a giant cloud of white hair as the doe absorbs the full impact from the 95 LRX at around 200 yards.

The herd takes off and Carsten tries a running shot but doesn’t connect.

We get to Amy’s doe and look up to see another group about 1/2 mile away to the East.

Carsten and Bailey again take off on their own while we take a few photos and gut out Amy’s doe.

Those two fought like crazy when Bailey was still living at home. It was sure nice to see them hunting as a team.

The LRX had driven from stem to stern and managed to mess up a lot of stuff in between. Amazingly the paunch was not ruptured and it was a pretty clean clean-out job.

While we were wrapping things up we hear a shot…then another…silence…then another…

To be continued…