Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by CaptArab
16" bolt gun with a silencer is hard to beat.

**I am no gunwriter** That said, I am interested in this topic, and have recently put together a rifle along the lines that CaptArab mentions.

I am a fan of Christensen Arms. What I tried to order a few years back, was a 16 inch Ridgeline chambered for 308 Win. I was told at the time, that it was an impossibility. Fast forward a few years and I was able to take a barreled action out of an MPR and put it in a Ridgeline stock. Now, I have what I was looking for in the beginning. I have a Silencerco Omega that makes the muzzle blast a powder puff. I have not chronographed a 150 grain soft point out of that little rifle, but I'm next to positive that it will make deer and pigs bad sick.

I tried that too, MPR to Ridgeline (in my case McMillan) stock, bought new BDL bottom metal, magazine, etc...found out it won't feed. CA tells me that MPR does not have internal feed rails and will never feed with my BDL set up. Just last week ordered DBM bottom metal with M5 inlet, off to smith this week for fitting. Hope it works!