Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Not to hyjack but I would think the Sierra 85 HPBT would be a good combo coyote/deer bullet? I used the 90 NBT from a 6mm/284 on a pronghorn and it was pretty nasty! I think it would also work well on coyote/deer in the 243. I only used the 90X in my first 240 wby, but it killed a big coyote easily. A second one used the 95PT. Many around here favor that 80 TTSX in the 243, etc,, but I don't normally use any 6mm for deer/antelope anymore, but when I did I used the 85xbt in the smaller 6mms. I do try to work on coyotes as much as I can...Back in the early 90's, I met two brothers out here who used the Barnes 100X in their 243s for elk! I have another friend who only uses the Hornady 100 SPBT in his 240 wby. He has killed many elk with it too.

A lot like the 85 hpbt Sierra but I have seen 3 or 4 deer and 1 coyote killed with em, too tough of a bullet for me.

The 85 grain SP Varminter gives me DRT results on both and exits deer better than 75% of the time.

That HPBT always exits deer but I saw runners on deer and with the 1 coyote he had a silver dollar sized exit about 1/3 of the way up the body maybe 2" behind the shoulder. Covered about 200 yards before going down.

If I were still shooting my 6mm on both coyotes and deer I would go back to the 85 grain Varminter SP or use the 80 grain Ballistic Tip.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!