2nd wife went off the rails about 9 months into the marriage. Did a complete 180. After about 6 months of that BS, I insisted we see a marriage counsellor. She went with me twice. First visit was for the counsellor to get to know us. By the second visit, the counsellor was calling her on her chitt. She refused to go after that.

We did that 2 or 3 times, her always quitting after the counsellor started calling her on her chitt. I went to a few counsellors on my own and was always told the same thing - you can’t fix a marriage with only one person trying.

She finally insisted I see a psychiatrist for anger management. Did the whole battery of tests and she got to fill out questionnaires. She even sent me to the psych with a letter with instructions for him to read it but not me. He read it, didn’t tell me what was in it.

When he was done all the tests, he sat me down, looked me in the eye and said “You don’t have an anger management problem. You have a marital problem!”

I left her about 6 months after that. Will never waste my time with marriage counselling again.