Originally Posted by GunGeek
You have to remember when talking about the Hi Power that its a Legacy pistol. It wasn't designed for the version of 9mm we shoot today. CZ made metallurgical changes to their slides & frames (B and later) to accommodate 9mm NATO, and FN didn't fully address that issue with the Hi Power. So most (but not all) Hi Powers aren't really compatible with modern NATO pressure rounds.

If you're looking for a pistol that you're going to treat like your lawnmower; a Hi Power probably isn't for you. I wouldn't recommend the CZ75 for that kind of use either.

The Hi Power is in the same category as the 1911; it's an enthusiasts pistol. And enthusiasts know which ammunition is appropriate for their pistol, and they're quite content with the world.

This^^^^
I have only T series BHP's. They are the only 9mm pistols I have. I am perfectly happy shooting standard pressure 115gr. bullets. All shoot well except for the old style Gold Dots. No need for +P loads.

The Marlin 9mm Camp Carbine teamed up with Grandkids keeps me busy loading. So I bought a few cases of 9mm NATO for them to shoot. Won't shoot those in my old BHP's.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.